Welcome To the WSTCSS
SAVE THE DATE!
2013 Fall Conference
“The Common Core and You”
Friday, September 27, 2013
Holiday Valley Lodge
Ellicottville, NY 14731
The fall conference of the WSTCSS is gearing up to be a dynamic, one-day event of professional development and advanced networking. This year the focus will be on the Common Core and the sharing of ideas and proven methods, while still offering the same engaging classroom projects, technology tools, townhall discussions, and teaching techniques as last year. New this year is the inclusion of STEM teachers, making this one of the most diverse gatherings of educators in the state!
Presentations & speakers will be posted soon.
What is the WSTCSS?
The WSTCSS is educators, citizens, and institutions that promote and sustain effective teaching, collaboration and civic responsibility in the Social Studies, and collegiality and networking among council members.
What are the Council’s goals?
- Encourage effective teaching, collaboration, and civic responsibility in the Social Studies for students and fellow educators.
- Improve content knowledge and Social Studies classrooms.
- Articulate views on issues of interest and concern to Social Studies council members.
- Promote and sustain collegiality and professional networking.
- To serve as a conduit to enliven and invigorate educators.
- To enhance and cultivate a civic-minded and informed citizenry.
- Includes but is not limited to: colleges and universities, historians, archivists, historical organizations, students, administrators, BOCES, community organizations, P-16 Teachers Centers, libraries, and schools.